Tuesday, June 07, 2005

TNPCEE - Ctrl+Alt+Del

Got up groggy eyed and stared scanned today's Hindu with my usual cup of extra strong coffee...
Engineers from UMAS, Beach Harbour (Our very own University of Madras) would be really stunned to read this...( Ok I consider myself to be an engineer too since I was stunned)). Amma's aatchi unsurprisingly dished out yet another surprise..there will be no more TNPCEE from next year...No more classes at IIPE, ICE and some of the others I forgot..no more ogling at other batch figures..no more trying to get the answer out first to impress the girls...no more gyaans from other wannabe studs....no more a lot more. Anna University students will get admitted into Engineering Colleges based on the scores of their school-leaving exams alone.
This decision struck me as being rather odd...as I've felt over the past few years that the B.E degree has lost its charm and value, thanks to all the Andal Alagar Engg College, Dumming Kuppam Gounder College of Higher Technology and the other hi-tech institutions that have sprung up in and around the city. Save for the ones who cannot afford one..I guess everyone will be an engineer in a few years time...
And to highlight the fact, today we had an electronics and communication engineer who had applied for the post of office boy...The name of the college is better left undisclosed to avoid trouble...but I can surely drops some hints...
1)It is close to Tambaram
2)Its name is 3 letters long
3)And hey..it has a fax machine too!!
Ans) GKM College of Engineering.
Looks like everyone in Chennai is waiting eagerly to try the next set of Amma's surprises!
And here's the actual link from The Hindu.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cogito said...

Surprising decision. But it brings a much needed parity between CBSE & State board students. Anyway what is the point of examining the students on the same subjs they are being examined in the 12th exam ?

1:57 AM

 
Blogger Ram said...

@ Arun: Now dont get me started on what I feel about education!
@ Manoj: I went to ICE myself..and are you an engineer?

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Whoosh 2 said...

@Dark Matter:

Sorry, though engineers are common, there is a fine line of difference between the Real Engineers and the so-so ones..

9:46 AM

 
Blogger Ram said...

@ Vikki: Thanks for dropping by...I guess you're right...but I am not even a so-so engineer by any stretch of imagination....and so is darkmatter I gues :P

10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home