Saturday, June 11, 2005

When I was a kid....

Yesterday I was reminiscing about the things that I used to do when I was a kid...

When I was a kid, I used to.....
play a lot of games.....until it was too dark to see anything;
return home late from school everyday in a dirty, ink stained shirt;
used to be a lot more close to my parents and family;
fight a lot ( esp with my sis);
go any lengths to be in the centre of attention, and I used to love it everytime I got there;
sulk often at home and throw a fit about not eating dinner...but would be secretly waiting for my Mom to come and feed me;
loudly mimic the vegetable vendor everytime he passes by our street;
pose with a funny (what I thought was cool) look everytime for the cameras;
break everything from a TV to a radio to a telephone, and pray silently that my Dad was going to be in one of his good moods;( never was the case though)
travel with my family every summer to someplace or the other;
go to the beach every Saturday(with my family of course), play on the sand, stand on the seashore, rush back everytime the waves came by;
and I couldnt wait for sunday to arrive, for that was the day of assembling at grandma's house and non-stop cricket with Cogito and co;
go crazy about Sachin, Ayrton Senna, Stefan Edberg, Agassi and Mike Tyson;
play cricket inside my house with the walls acting as bowlers and furnitures as fielders....it was always India vs some other team and Sachin got a big score and lot of wickets everytime;
guard a 10 rupee note as if it were my life;
never wanted to cut my hair;
wanted to grow old really fast;
and a lot more.....
and now that I am 22.....I want to be a kid who wants to do all these things again;

7 Comments:

Blogger Cogito said...

I can never forget our maadi marathon cricket. Perhaps we should do it next time to relive the memories !

Btw, I have book tagged you. Visit my blog and do the honors in your blog !

7:31 PM

 
Blogger Ram said...

@ Arch: I guess most of us still do!
@ Cogito: Bring it on! Hope we can dig out the good ol' records book!

10:41 AM

 
Blogger ESIH said...

yeah...sometimes life moves way too fast..but i guess tht kid in us still lives...its just tht we dont bring it out..it just tht you dont gaurd a 10 rupee anymore, you rather gaurd it with few more zeros after tht 10..:)

9:05 PM

 
Blogger Ram said...

Thanks Viji for dropping by! :)
Yeah I know Susmita...when you're a kid..everything appears so larger than life to you!

11:01 AM

 
Blogger Saravana said...

If I guess right, you should be Sandhya's brother. Am I right. I was in her batch @ssn

6:14 PM

 
Blogger Ram said...

Yeah you're right Saravanan...oops or should it be anna? ;)

11:47 AM

 
Blogger Saravana said...

Oops I prefer people calling me by my name (oo the ignorance during college and school days) ... nechance do you remember me ... probably the name militry might trigger my face ;->

11:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home