Monday, September 19, 2005

Kaapi...

One thing that I look forward to every morning, is my daily dose of Kaapi.
And I love it dark and strong. As most South Indians, I am addicted to caffeine.
Turning the pages of The Hindu , allowing time for that small sip from my coffee mug ( and yes I make that sssslurping sound) is sheer bliss. Add to it, we have a thinnai in front of our house constructed especially for this.

As far as I can remember, I've never liked Horlicks, Complan...the lot. They were good only to eat and not to drink. I used to read contradictory articles from the Reader's Digest, one stating coffee will give you heart problems, the other claiming it will increase your lifespan. They never stopped me though. For some strange reason, Amma never used to give me strong coffee when I was a kid. But I always used to sneak into the kitchen and add that extra bit of dicaction give it that perfect taste and colour. It has now become a part of my daily life.
Apart from the most obvious of uses :P, a morning coffee gives you a mental stimulation that keeps you going for the rest of the day.
Times at which you can have coffee during the day:
1. Breakfast
2. Before lunch
3. After a sumptuous lunch
4. Evening ( Cannot miss)
5. Sometimes, after a tiffin dinner

And for people working in offices that have a coffee vending machine, that number will most probably go up. I have had coffee from vending machines. Everytime I swear " This tastes like shit, nothing compares to a hot mug of filter coffee". But I still drink from the machine.
Call it caffeine addiction or whatever you want, but give me my daily dose :)

16 Comments:

Blogger Bharath Sattanathan said...

hope i would have been filtered kaapi and not filtered sambhar for once.. i tried to say vadikattina sambhar na! in tambram code, may be at times i think i have just translated the tam into peter's code..what a shame or a good name, stil wonder & ponder over it!

3:41 AM

 
Blogger PreethZzZ The Original said...

so when all do u have coffee??? semma addiction... altho its said u can't be addicted to it... i love coffee as well.. esp cold coffee...no ice tho... ;)
coffee is meant to be good for u but in small quantities only... forgot wht the exact amt is..

7:33 AM

 
Blogger Cogito said...

no comments since I hate coffee :-)

8:03 AM

 
Blogger Ram said...

@ Sambar : No worries man! Filtered sambar sounds hep ;) But I think blogger allows you the option of changing your nick , as in how your name will appear when you post comments.
@ Preethi: I love hot, strong filter coffee...and I also like cold coffee. Plus coffee cant be half as harmful as some of the other things that I do :P
@ Cogito: Its never late man...give it a shot :)

10:31 AM

 
Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

ambi pucca madras iyer paiyan madri coffee addiction onakkum onda?? nalathu!! join the club of the coffee addicted!!

6:40 PM

 
Blogger Jagan said...

freak ..mes too addicted to tea and coffee . But matter enna na , I get the coffee prepared by mom only when I go to chennai :-(

7:18 AM

 
Blogger Ram said...

@ vatsan : Saapaattu vishiyathula...total iyer :) Cant have food without nei (ghee) and applam too! :)
@ Jagan: Hmmm...comin from you its a little hard to believe...Bangalore la sure ah edha set up pannirpa :P

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Vivek Haridas said...

"Gimme coffee and nobody gets hurt!"

11:12 AM

 
Blogger Ram said...

@ Vivek : Correct me if Im wrong....but that sounds like Pulp Fiction :))
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Tarantino rocks!!

11:49 AM

 
Blogger PreethZzZ The Original said...

Hahaha... u got tht rite, wht with all the preaching and stuff u do this is all jujjupi... ;)

1:25 AM

 
Blogger Ram said...

Hahaha preethi! I know the dialogue, but am not that jobless to type it. It was just a case of Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. Elementary indeed! :)

11:08 AM

 
Blogger PreethZzZ The Original said...

periya computer whiz polla nennaeppu... :P...

5:58 AM

 
Blogger Vyaachum said...

i like coffee but i like tea better. your blog is good. please come to my blog. my name is vyaas and i am 6

10:18 PM

 
Blogger Ram said...

Way to go Vyaas!
I am on my way...:)

11:08 AM

 
Blogger ASDFD said...

hello ... was passing by ... weblog-surfing if you may. I haven't had filter coffee in a long time, but I'm still hooked on to caffeine. In fact, it was easier giving up nicotine that it was trying to reduce my coffee intake. Anyways, nice weblos ... keep it rollin :-).

4:47 PM

 
Blogger Ram said...

@ Jay: Yeah...I know what you mean :) But the combo is also a diff habit to kick out...the nicotine-caffeine one :)
@ Viji: Havent seen...nee dhaan explain pannanam!

10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home