Monday, July 04, 2005

Business as usual....

Time mismanagement is an art....and its the only art am good at!
Took years of practice and toil....to be where I am now. Infact, I should have been there yesterday!
I am really pathetic at keeping time. That is one sentence Ive got used to now. Glimpses of the genius in me started showing by the time I was in 9th or 10th. Actually it is pretty embarrassing if I think about it now. I was late to get ready and my dad missed out on the group snap on his 25th year College reunion. It still hurts :(
Over the years, however hard I tried, I was always late. ALWAYS.
There have been rare occassions where I have been on time and trust me...its such a good high:)
All my friends would have had rather fond memories of the movies where we walk in some 10 mins late....and its a point I still would love to debate. They always blame it on me!
And nowadays, I am late to work everyday! The story never ends. The saga continues.
Yours ever latefully,
Ram

6 Comments:

Blogger Arvind Manian said...

Movies are fine but you making us wait at the beach till 11:45 only to tell that ou still havent left office is the worst. Anyways i am happy you have confessed and please learn punctuality from people around you like me

12:31 AM

 
Blogger ESIH said...

hahha..late latif..were u on time to coll??or missedd the bus everyday?

11:47 PM

 
Blogger Sandhya said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Sandhya said...

adeii..realization has finally dawned huh...after all those shoutings i had given up on u....now tat realization is there...hopefully change wont b too far away...

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Vivek Haridas said...

Okay, thats what you get for confession. Public Dharma-aDi. And everyone wants to contribute to it.

To continue on a serious note, things do happen subconciously too. There might be a reason behind it. May be the need to be in attention, "No one notices the efforts of the Watchman who opened the door early morning", or may be to increase the productivity by arriving in the thick of the action.

Anyways, as much of comming late is addictive, comming early is also addictive. It has been thrust on us from generations of conservative traditionalism.

Ofcourse, when we delay others or decrease their productivity, a question of how much we value others time needs to be questioned. This would border to being insensitive.

This awareness should be enough to provide a fillip to the time management skills.

- I have been a late comer myself and ofcourse these are not my confessions, just an analysis.

6:36 AM

 
Blogger Ram said...

@ Sandy: You can hope and so will I.
@ Vivek: Nice to see you here man. Will see you around :)
@ Susmita: Apologies for replyin late ;). I was never too late to catch the bus at madhya kailash save for a couple of occasions.

2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home